No general auditions are currently scheduled for roles in OCT's regular season.
Roles are available annually for actors age 17 and older, with occasional youth roles.
Artists of all ethnicities, genders, identities and abilities are encouraged to audition. Following general auditions, callbacks are held on a per-show basis.
Questions, or interested in a digital audition? Contact Associate Producer Tara Wibrew:
OCT Audition Information: Digital and In-Person
- Artists will need to schedule an audition appointment or contact OCT to access a digital registration form. Auditioners will need to upload a headshot or similar photo, as well as a resume or description of theatre experience/training. Those submitting a digital audition will also need to submit a URL for viewing their audition video.
- Actors should prepare a 1-minute, contemporary monologue (memorized) and a joke. This applies to both in-person and digital auditions.
- Actors who have appeared in previous OCT regular season productions (not including NW10) need not participate in a general audition.
- If you have any questions about auditions, please contact Associate Producer Tara Wibrew:
• For the health and safety of our community,
OCT artists, staff and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to audition and/or begin rehearsals, artists must show proof of full vaccination along with matching photo ID. Paper or digital documentation (e.g. a photo of your immunization card) is acceptable.
• OCT will continue to follow all recommended health guidelines and requirements set forth by the Oregon Health Authority. We will work to keep patrons up-to-date regarding any changes as we receive new guidance from OHA and the Governor's office.
• Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures are completed between auditions, performances and other events at OCT.
• If you do not feel well, or have COVID-19 symptoms or exposure, please stay home. • Follow entrance, seating and exiting instructions.
• Watch for floor markers to help maintain 6-foot spacing in lines, lobbies and public spaces.
• Treat patrons, artists and staff with patience and respect.
• Anyone who does not comply with these guidelines will be asked to leave.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When are callbacks? OCT works to hold callbacks at least two months prior to the beginning of rehearsals for any given show; often, callbacks are completed as early as the fall for the entirety of the production season. Artists invited to callbacks will be notified of any precast role(s). Callbacks are by invitation only, held on a per-show basis.
When do OCT productions rehearse? Rehearsals are generally Sunday-Thursday evenings, with the occasional weekend daytime rehearsal. Rehearsal schedules are determined on a per-show basis.
Does OCT work with Equity actors or non-local artists? OCT works to offer a limited number of guest artist contracts to AEA actors and professional artists based outside the Eugene/Springfield area. Contact Producing Artistic Director Craig Willis with your interest and any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you!
We are always interested in meeting new talent! If you are interested in auditioning and no general audition is currently scheduled, please
send us an email or contact our administrative offices at (541)684.6988.