OCT is looking for actors for our 2022/2023 season!
Artists of all identities, ethnicities, genders, ages and abilities are encouraged to audition. Many of this seasonís roles are open to all adult actors. Additionally, some roles call for actors of specific identities, including:
- Appx. 12-year-old girl, any race
- 20s trans gender man, any race
- 30s-40s man, Asian (Vietnamese)
- 30s-40s woman, Asian (Vietnamese)
- 20s man, not white
Actors may choose to audition in person
or submit an
audition video. Those who have previously appeared in one of OCTís regular
season productions need not audition. Following general auditions, callbacks are
held on a show-by-show basis throughout summer and fall.
***Registration for In Person and Digital Auditions has closed - please email our Box Office at BoxOffice@octheatre.org to express interest in a future in person or digital audition opportunity.***
Frequently Asked Questions
- When are callbacks? OCT works to hold callbacks at least one month prior to the beginning of rehearsals for any given show; callbacks may be completed as early as the fall for the entirety of the production season. Callbacks are by invitation only, held on a per-show basis. Artists invited to callbacks will be notified of any precast role(s).
When are rehearsals? Rehearsals are generally Sunday-Thursday evenings, with the occasional weekend daytime rehearsal. Rehearsal schedules are determined on a per-show basis.
Does OCT work with Equity actors or non-local artists? OCT works to offer a limited number of guest artist contracts to AEA actors and professional artists based outside the Eugene/Springfield area. Contact Producing Artistic Director Craig Willis with your interest and any questions:email@example.com.