The Northwest Ten Festival of Ten-Minute Plays returns in 2018 for the 10th year running, continuing on its mission to become the premiere ten-minute play festival of the Pacific Northwest. Selected submissions will be produced as a part of the Northwest Ten Festival
at Oregon Contemporary Theatre in Eugene, March 16 - March 25, 2018.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary, the 2018 festival is titled
NW102(or Northwest Ten Squared). "We're both proud and grateful," said Co-Executive Producer Paul Calandrino. "Proud to have produced quality theatre for ten years in Eugene, and grateful to all those who have participated in this thrilling enterprise, including our co-producers at OCT... This celebration is a tribute to Eugene itself and its spirit of collaboration and inclusion in the arts."
Guidelines for 2018 Submissions
- Open to residents of Oregon, Washington state, and British Columbia.
- Scripts must be original, unpublished, and not produced in the Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, or B.C.) at the time of submission. (Plays may have received previous workshop readings.)
- Exclusive of title and cast pages, scripts must be 10 pages or less, with a run time of 8-10 minutes. Plays with small casts and minimal technical requirements are preferred.
- Submissions must be formatted as follows:
o Email must contain the play's title, author's name, address, phone number, and email address.
o The playwright’s name cannot appear anywhere on the attached script, including the title page, header/footer areas, or within the text.
o The first page of the script must contain the title, list of characters, and basic setting information.
o The second page will be considered the first page of the script. The other pages of the play follow.
o Include the title and page numbers in the header of each page of the submission.
o All submissions must be in a standard professional play format.
Format guidelines can be found here (courtesy of Gordon State College).
- Limited to one submission per playwright.
- Playwrights consent to permit Northwest Ten & Oregon Contemporary Theatre to produce their play, if selected. There is a $75 honorarium for each play selected for production. Playwrights retain copyright and full ownership for their plays.
- Plays will be staged for two weekends in Spring 2018 at Oregon Contemporary Theatre in Eugene, OR.
Send entries to NW10Festival@gmail.com with the subject "NW10 Submission." Submissions must be sent as an attachment in Word or PDF format only; no hard copies will be accepted.
Deadline: Submissions must be received on or before October 31, 2017. Only the first 100 submissions will be considered. Playwrights will be notified immediately if their submissions arrive after the cutoff date or the submission cap has been reached.
Questions? Email NW10Festival@gmail.com.
------------------------------- Submissions and Auditions
Script submissions for the Northwest Ten Festival of Ten-Minute Plays are accepted annually from September 1 through October 31, with auditions taking place in late January. Submission guidelines and audition announcements for each year are posted online as they become available. The Northwest Ten Festival is a co-production of NW10 and Oregon Contemporary Theatre. If you have any questions, please email