Connect with Us
We are always interested in seeing new actors. Our general auditions for the 2016/2017 season have passed; however, we are happy to schedule individual appointments. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our administrative office: (541)684-6988 for more information.
Actors who have been in previous OCT productions need not participate in the general audition. Please contact Craig (email@example.com) and/or Tara (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
OCT Audition Information
- Please arrive early to your appointment; you will be asked to fill out an audition form.
- OCT's performance season runs from September through June, with rehearsals primarily on weekday evenings and some weekends. Please be sure to note any major schedule conflicts on your audition form.
- Auditioners are asked to prepare a 1-minute, contemporary monologue. Also, please be prepared to tell a joke.
- Bring a headshot or head-shot like photo, as well as a resume (even if brief) describing your experience and training.
- Callbacks for individual shows will be held throughout the summer and early fall (as needed).
Frequently Asked Questions
- When are callbacks? OCT works to hold callbacks (as needed) at least two months prior to the beginning of rehearsals for any given show; often, callbacks are completed as early as the fall for the entirety of the season. In the event of any pre-cast roles, auditioners are notified at callbacks which role(s) are spoken for.
- When do OCT productions rehearse? Rehearsals are generally weeknights, with the occasional weekend daytime/evening rehearsal. Rehearsal schedules are determined on a show-by-show basis.
- Does OCT work with Equity actors? OCT is occasionally able to offer contracts to AEA actors. Any AEA artists interested in working with OCT should contact Producing Artistic Director Craig Willis: email@example.com.
Oregon Contemporary Theatre welcomes actors ages 8-70, all genders and abilities, to audition for our 2016/2017 season. OCT regularly holds auditions in the early summer of each year. General audition calls are promoted on our website and in local newspapers. If you are interested in auditioning and we have no general audition scheduled, please send us an email or contact our administrative offices at (541) 684.6988.
© Copyright Oregon Contemporary Theatre. All rights reserved.